Friday, February 14, 2014

5 on friday

My lovely blogger (and real life!) friend, Chesson, over at A Southern Twenty-Five invited me to join in 5 on Friday so here goes nothing. How about a little weekly recap?



-ONE-
Last Saturday Mr. B+B had the honor of throwing a fabulous cocktail party. We shipped off the Bird to his granddad's house for the night and put the Boo to bed. My good friend, Kara, helped me whip up these jello shots. I got the recipe from That's so Michelle. They were super easy and quite a hit! I'll be sharing more about our party this evening, but if you'd like to read more about it in the mean time head over to A Southern Twenty-Five.


-TWO-
The Bird and The Boo both experienced their first 'real' snow. And ours as well since living here in Concord. I'd say we got somewhere between 7-8" of snow and ice. The roads were crazy awful so we stayed put and luckily cabin fever hasn't set in. Yet. 


-THREE-
The Bird received this awesome table and chair set for his first birthday and we just now got around to putting it together. He also received some play dough for Christmas. Of course he loves the barbershop kit and the concrete masonry unit maker. I'm amazed at how long it can keep me him occupied. Cleaning up is not so fun though. 



-FOUR-
Being snowed in meant that it was time to bake cookies. We found a great sugar cookie recipe through High Heels to Hot Wheels. Luckily, we had everything we needed and got to work creating our cookies. The Bird did a great job rolling and testing the dough to make sure it wasn't poison. Good news was that he deemed the dough "safe."





-FIVE-
In highschool I used to create blind contour drawings. I've been thinking about them lately and how fun they'd be to do with the kids. I've often enjoyed sharing them with my 4th graders who think they are pretty funny. This morning The Bird and I decided to do a collaborative art project. I did the blind contour drawing and he used his fancy IKEA water paints to paint it in. I think it turned out pretty swell. 

Have you heard about Tinkersketch? I've been contemplating joining the challenge and having the Boo join as well. I'd like to do it as a collaborative journal for the two of us. We'd share one notebook and I'd draw and create on one side and he on the other. I bet he'd love it.

Happy Valentine's Day, My Loves! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS