Friday, February 21, 2014

Five for Friday

TGIF! It's been so nice to see the snow melt away and us finally have warm enough weather that we can get out of the house and enjoy the sunshine. I'm linking up with Darci, April, Christina, & Natasha for Five on Friday! Here's our weekly recap. 

-ONE-

I'm getting ready for a BIG sale. A consignment sale that only happens twice a year which means it's time to purge. So I've been spending countless hours sorting, taping, hanging, and tagging toys and clothes for Charlotte's largest consignment sale, Tar Heel Kids Consignment. It starts next week, so get ready!

-TWO-


I was browsing through Lowes the other day when I happened to come across these two tiles. First, we have an amazing marble herringbone. How great would that look on a floor or shower? Then, my eye caught that wonderful beveled black subway tile. I'm pretty sure I'm going to have to incorporate both of these into our new home. 

-THREE-


The Boo has been sampling all sorts of foods lately. I have a cookathon a few days ago and we whipped up some apples, pears and green beans. She's a huge fan of the pears. You can't beat the color of homemade baby food either. It's always so bright compared to the store bought food. If you haven't ever tried making your own baby food, it's a breeze really. Read more about it here

-FOUR-

I've been seeing all sorts of pins on pinterest on how to remove stains from pillows and sheets. It's not even the stains that gross me out, it's the coloring. Over time they've yellowed and lost their brightness. I didn't want to use bleach and knew that I could scour the house to pull together the perfect magical stain releaser. I ended up using Borax, Oxygen Bleach, Laundry Detergent. 

The key to really removing the stains those is the temperature setting. I used the "sanitary" setting which turns my washing machine to "super hot." It soaked everything for 2 hours and in the end everything came out super white. So white you would have honestly thought that I just bought them. AND to fluff everything up, I threw 6 tennis balls in the dryer for extra fluff. 

-FIVE-

How cool are these kids? This is how we roll when we go for walks. Luckily, we've had weather lately that's cooperated quite a bit. 

What have you been up to this week? 



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS