Thursday, February 6, 2014

Treats for my sweets

With valentine's a week away I've been brainstorming ideas for what to get these cuties. This is The Boo's first Valentine's but at this point she doesn't require or need a whole bunch. The Bird would be excited over just about anything. He's game for new toys, candy and anything that lights up or makes noises. I'm trying hard to steer away from toys or junk that will ultimately be thrown away or broken so here's my list of ideas below.

Being the thrifty mom that I am, I'm trying to do as much as I can on a dime. Check out these ideas below that could make The Bird and The Boo's Valentine's Day a little sweeter but stay within a tight budget.

The Bird (3 1/2 years)

Haribo Happy Cola is a favorite of mine and I know that The Bird, with his love of gummies and cola, will love these as much as I have. 
What kid doesn't enjoy Candy Land? And c'mon... it's Valentine's Day. 

 
How about a voucher to Discovery Place Kids? It's affordable, indoors (hello, winter!) and hours of fun for a three year old. If you haven't taken your kids here you should. It's perfect for the preschool imaginative age. 

 
Or if your looking to wear your child out, what about a gift certificate to Xtreme Play? It's a children's indoor inflatable service. The Bird really enjoys running and playing all over the building and for $5 you can't beat the price. Just be sure to bring your socks and hand sanitizer. 


And speaking of socks, if you're going to go the Xtreme Play route why not find a fun pair of socks? Like these by old navy. 

The Boo (4 1/2 months)
I mentioned earlier here that I love when The Boo wear's tights. They stay on well, keep her legs and toes toasty, and are super stylish. Target has a great selection of baby tights for an unbeatable price. These in the pink are just adorable. Or these from Old Navy with the heart on the tush are to. die. for. 


Baby gingham. Need I say more. Do you think this comes in my size? 

We just introduced The Boo to 'solids' if you want to call it that and the girl could use some new spoons. Love these from Munchkin. And of course, with the word 'Love' at the bottom aren't they just perfect for Valentine's Day?

And since The Boo will be sporting baby food more than she'll be consuming it in the months ahead lets get her a bib that can be rinsed off in the sink and won't get tangled around her cute little self.   

So that's it. Nothing too fancy or outlandish, but just maybe a sweet gesture or two. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS